TCEQ Texas Commission on Environmental Quality: Water Sampling
The Town of Annetta is proud to announce the designation of Superior Public Water System for the Town of Annetta Deer Creek Water System.
The Town of Annetta, since purchasing the Deer Creek water and wastewater systems, has made sizable investments and commitments to excellence.
The requirements, outlined by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), are listed below. The requirements include water quality, treatment, pumping and storage capacity.
Public water supply systems which achieve and maintain recognition must exceed the minimum acceptable standards of the commission in these sections.
(1) To attain recognition as a “Superior Public Water System,” the following additional requirements must be met:
• (A) Physical facilities shall comply with the requirements in these sections.
• (B) There shall be a minimum of two certified operators with additional operators required for larger systems.
• (C) The system’s microbiological record for the previous 24 months period shall indicate no violations (frequency, number or MCL) of the drinking water standards.
• (D) The quality of the water shall comply with all primary water quality parameters listed in the drinking water standards.
• (E) The chemical quality of the water shall comply with all secondary constituent levels listed in the drinking water standards.
• (F) The system’s operation shall comply with applicable state statutes and minimum acceptable operating practices set forth in §290.46 of this title (relating to Minimum Acceptable Operating Practices for Public Drinking Water Supplies).
• (G) The system’s capacities shall meet or exceed minimum water system capacity requirements set forth in §290.45 of this title (relating to Minimum Water System Capacity Requirements).
• (H) The system shall have at least two wells, two raw water pumps or a combination of these with enough capacity to provide average daily consumption with the largest well or pump out of service. This requirement shall also apply to treatment plant pumps necessary for operation in accordance with §290.42 of this title (relating to Water Treatment).
• (I) The water system shall be well maintained and the facilities shall present a pleasing appearance to the public.
"The Town of Annetta has earned a SUPERIOR rating from the TCEQ regarding water quality and service." Mayor Bruce Pinckard